Looking for the best track bike? In this article, we will try and have a look at a unique type of bicycle that is commonly not seen on the road. They are also not used for commuting on the city roads or they are also not exactly suitable for mountain rides and other such purposes.
However, they continue to be popular amongst a certain section of people and these track bicycles are very commonly seen during the Olympics and other cycling competitions. It certainly is a tough sporting event.
Nonetheless, it would be interesting to know more about it over the next few lines, so that we can move forward to discover something fascinating about these bicycles.
Top-Rated Single Speed Track Bike – A Quick Comparison
Detailed Guide On Best Fixed Gear Track Bikes Brands
#1 Bianchi Pista Sei Giorni – Lightest Fixed Gear Track Bike
This is from the house of Bianchi who over the years has become famous for coming out with the best of tracking bikes and other common types of bikes. This is a lightweight & powerful bike having some of the most amazing features. Hence it would be interesting to have a look at what this bike has to offer.
Some Interesting Features
- It is made from the best quality Bianchi D2 Pista Alloy Frame. This goes a long way in making the bike extremely tough and stubborn and offers uncompromising performance on the streets or on the tracks.
- The carbon fork is also of the highest quality and ensures the best of aerodynamics, savings on weight, and also ensures the best of vibration dampening.
- This may not be present in many other bikes.
- Further, it also offers a wonderful combination of Truvative TOURD 48T Track Crankset. Additionally, The Shimano SS-7600 16T Fixed Cassette gives riders the desired power to take on even the best of competition and beat them quite easily.
- It is one of the few carbon track bikes that offer the best of track bike wheelsets which helps inconsistent and fast performance mile after mile.
- It also comes with the best of ergonomics and looks which makes everybody look at the bicycle a second time around.
- It is built to last and perform for many years and decades and will not become out of fashion out of the reckoning.
- It comes with the best of after-sales services and other forms of support required by customers.
- There is nothing wrong with this bicycle apart from the fact that it might be a bit expensive when compared to other models. However, the quality and performance it offers are simply unmatchable.
When one takes into account the main functions, features, pros, and cons of this bike, they would certainly find it to be one of the best track bicycles in the market. It has all the qualities and attributes for making it a wonderful machine to have at all points of time.
#2 Critical Cycles Classic – Steel Track Bikes
There is no denying the fact that Critical Cycles has been on the forefront when it comes to manufacturing and marketing some of the finest track cycling bikes. In keeping with this tradition, this model with Pursuit Bullhorn Bars is something that is worth having a closer look. Here are some interesting features of this bike.
- It is a high quality and premium hand-built steel fixed gear bicycle.
- It is perfectly suitable for single speed track frame.
- It comes with a number of features including water bottle mounts, bar spin clearance, horizontal dropouts, and no toe overlap.
- It also comes with super deep V double wall rims along with the best quality stainless steel spokes.
- The flip flop rear wheel hub helps to move from single speed to fixed gear with ease and speed. It has the best of Promax braking system along with alloy chain wheel which is quite light and also a 3 PC crank.
- It is a bike which gets delivered in 85% ready condition and the balance can be assembled by the customers without professional help.
- It also features handlebars which have soft Kraton rubber grips. This is perfectly suitable for ultimate comfort and the best of urban comfort saddle.
- The bottoms bracket is securely sealed and hence moisture and dirt will not impact the life of the bike.
- It is reasonably priced to offer value for money.
- There are no major negatives about the product but some customers feel that the track bike pedals might perhaps need an upgrade, with better quality materials.
On the whole, there are many reasons to believe that this is the best quality track bicycle having the required features and functionalities. Further, it is from the stables of a company which has a rich and proven track record of offering the best of complete track bikes. It is ergonomic in looks, has been made from the best of materials and is well and truly suitable both for indoor as well as outdoor riding especially for those who are looking for some tough competition. It also comes with customer friendly guarantee and warranty terms and conditions and the best of after-sales services.
#3 6KU Aluminum – Single Gear Bike
This is well and truly a black beauty and can be considered to be a fit candidate for one of the good track bikes in the market today. It is made with precision and perfection and whether it is looks or performance there is no doubt that it stands tall from many other track bike brands in the market today. Here are some interesting features of this track bike.
Some Fascinating Features
- It is made from the best quality 6061 double alloy material and the smooth welding makes it look like one single piece of metal.
- It also features rich and comes with a high quality 1 1/8 inch alloy fork that has been designed to perform the best under duress but at the same time is also quite light.
- The 32 H Front and rear flip-flop hub are perfectly suitable either for fixed riding or freewheel riding.
- It also has a 30 mm deep V double wall alloy wheel which again is famous for the flip-flop hub.
- It also has easily removable front and rear brakes.
- Customers who have used it have quite a few promising things to say about it. It is one of the few machines that have passed the best of endurance and quality test.
- It also comes with a customer friendly warranty terms and conditions.
- Further, the price at which it is available is also something that has quite a few positive takeaways about it.
- Apart from black, it is also available in many other different colors making it a good addition to your garage and your home.
- Pedal quality is not as desired and it would be better if some attention is paid to it. The wheel reflectors would perhaps do better with better fixation.
Given the fact that it is reasonably priced, there are reasons to believe that it is a good buy offering some of the best amenities and facilities. The seat is quite comfortable the best takeaway is the visual appearance which is stunning, to say the least. It is quite light in weight making it easy to handle across difficult surfaces.
#4 Retrospec – Fixie Track Bikes
Whenever we think about bicycles we have no hesitation in stating that a few names always come to our mind. Retrospec is one such name which has been around for many decades. It has come out with some of the best names in the industry and therefore this particular model is also something that evinces quite a bit of interest.
- It is made from high quality smooth welded 6061 aluminum frame.
- It also has ergonomically designed oval aerodynamic tubing and double plated dropouts.
- The pista drop bars are suitable for the best of aerodynamic riding.
- It also has an integrated headset and the best of sealed hubs.
- They go a long way in ensuring that the ride is always smooth.
- It also helps a lot in extending the overall life of the bicycle.
- The flip-flop hub enables you to move between fixed gear ride and single speed track bike ride with the help of freewheel.
- This can be done quite effortlessly and easily.
- It is made from the high-quality tig-welded double-butted aluminum frame.
- It has the best of race-oriented geometrical features and ergonomics.
- The integrated headset and sealed bearing hubs are there to help you to prepare each one of us for a non-stop ride for the rest of your racing life.
- It is also backed by the most customer-friendly warranty terms and conditions.
- The only thing perhaps which needs to be looked into is the handle grip which perhaps tends to slip out after a period of time.
Going by various customer feedbacks and the what experts have to say, there is no doubt that this bike from Retrospec is well and truly a quality track bike offering quite a few things to the customers. It has the best of looks and appearances, quality material made from high-class aluminum and much more. Price is also important which works to its benefit.
#5 Vilano Medium – Best Fixed Gear Track Bicycle
Are you looking for a quality 54 Cm fixed gear track bike which also could double up as a track bike? If the answer is yes, then it makes sense to have a closer look at this masterpiece from Vilano bicycle. This is a cute looking but highly powerful and sturdy track bike which has been built to last. It also features some of the best functions and specifications and it would be worthwhile to have a closer look at the same.
- It comes with a high-quality flip flop hub which helps a lot in alternating between fixed gear and single speed bicycle and quite easily.
- It is made from the high-quality tig-welded frame and the fork also has the same specifications of urban geometry 700c.
- The chainring is a big takeaway and is replaceable and it made from forged alloy crank material.
- It is also totally resistant to corrosion and rust.
- The wheelset is also worth mention and has a high quality 45 mm double walled deep v anodized material used in it.
- The bike tires are also made from high-quality materials are anti-puncture resistant.
- It is a perfect combination in terms of looks, appearances.
- It is not very heavy nor is it featherweight.
- It is perfectly built to offer the best of aerodynamics which is so very important when it comes to tracking bike racing and velodrome racing.
- In fact, their many customers who feel that it is much better than commuter bikes because of overall performance and value for money.
- It makes riding a special and unique experience.
- The only issue perhaps is the brakes which at times tend to scrape and touch the Deep V Rim. However, some bit of adjustment and it works fine.
Buying the finest track bikes is not at all easy considering the fact that there are so many options available. However, when one takes into account the various features and feedbacks from customers, there is one thing clear. It certainly is a high performing track bike which also can be used for other purposes including local commuting bikes. It is stunning in looks.
What Is A Track Bike?
When we talk about bicycles we usually refer to either city bikes or mountain bikes or perhaps even hybrid bikes which can be used for both purposes. However, not many of us would have used a track bike. So, we need to first have a reasonably good understanding of track bikes so that we can then go about looking for the best track bikes.
Track cycling bikes are bicycles which are built and designed in such a way that they are suitable for racing in a velodrome or on an outdoor track. They are fixed gear bicycles, unlike road bicycles which come with multiple gears. Further, it also does not have freewheel or brakes and comes with only a single gear ratio.
Tips For Choosing Top Quality Track Bike
The problem with choosing the right track bicycle is perhaps the lack of the right knowledge and information. Further, since there are so many options available, choosing the right one could often be a tough and challenging task. To begin with, you must know what to look for when choosing these bikes.
This will help you to remain focused and choose the right bicycle. You also would do well to have a reasonably clear idea about the budget so that you can narrow down the brands and models accordingly. Let us now try and look at the various important attributes to be kept in mind when buying track bicycles.
- Track Bike Frames
Any frame which is used in city bicycles or mountain bicycles would do the job, provided they are of the best quality material. However, you have to ensure that it comes with horizontal dropouts.
This is important because they are required for giving the right tensioning to the chain. It would be pertinent to mention that this horizontal dropout was commonly used in road bicycles around two to three decades ago.
- It Must Be Reliable
You must be sure that the whole bicycle is reliable, dependable and safe. It can reach very high speeds and in the absence of brakes, it is quite obvious that the entire workmanship should be of the highest order.
- Specification, Gears, And Wheels
Amongst the various specifications, we should take into account the various important specifications and these include the height of the bike, the weight, and of course gears and wheels. It goes without saying that track bikes come only with one gear.
Though the type of gear would depend on various factors, like the speed with which you will be pedaling or the surfaces you will be covering, it would be better to choose a gear which is slightly higher.
You must choose the right wheels depending again on the surface which you are using. For indoor velodromes, you would not require treading or gripping for our tires. For outdoor use, going in for slick tires would be a better option.
Benefits Of The Best Track Bike
- There are obviously a number of benefits associated with track biking provided you spend some time and choose the top track bikes. However, we will try and have a look at the various reasons why this form of bicycling becomes quite popular among fitness enthusiasts. To begin with, it could play a big role in working in different intensities and that too in a natural way. You could combine cycling with sprinting and try and bring a marked improvement in your pedaling techniques as well as velocity.
- It also is one of the best ways by which one can improve group training which often is referred to as engaging as per the jargon of professional cyclists. It also goes a long way in improving the technical appearance of the road. When you use these form of cycles and are training in enclosed velodromes you will be able to continue your training irrespective of the weather conditions outside.
- It also is possible for the trainer to see the progress of the cyclist on the track and it is very much possible to take corrective action as and when necessary. Because the training takes place in closed environments there is no doubt that it always is a much better of training and chances of accidents and mishaps are reduce quite significantly.
- As far as health is concerned it could go a long way in improving overall cardiovascular fitness levels. It also has been known to play an active role in improving muscle flexibility and strength.
- It also improves joint mobility and reduces stress levels. It also is known to improve posture and coordination and strengthens bones and also plays a major role in decreasing and reducing body fat levels as like the fat bicycle. It also is known to prevent various types of diseases by improving the overall disease fighting levels.
Hence at the end of the day, there is hardly any doubt that choosing the best track bike could be beneficial not only from the health perspective but also from the skill and training perspective.
However, it has to be born in mind that it is not possible to use the same type of bikes for ordinary city biking or even for the purpose of mountain trekking and other such forms of adventure biking, you can also choose cruiser bike for trekking or cruising purpose.
Further, you must have a clear idea about the various technical specifications and other attributes which will help in choosing the right track bikes which are in line with specific needs and requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can The Same Type Of Bike Be Used For All Purposes?
Ans: It is not possible to use the same type of bikes for ordinary city biking or for the purpose of mountain trekking and other such forms of adventure biking, you can choose a cruiser bike for trekking or cruising.
Q2. What Is A Track Bike?
Ans: Track cycling bikes are bicycles that are built and designed in a way that they are suitable for racing in a velodrome or on an outdoor track. They are fixed-gear bicycles, not like road bicycles which come with multiple gears. It also does not have freewheel or brakes and comes with a single gear ratio.
Q3. What Are The Features Of A Quality Track Bike?
Ans: Retrospec is a quality track bike offering quite a few things to the customers. It has the best of looks and appearances, quality material made from high-class aluminum, and more. Price also works to its benefit.