Looking for the Best Bikes For Kids? A bike is one of the toys that every child will ask to be bought for at one point in life. It is the responsibility of the parent to think of the safety of the child even if they will buy that bike. It is therefore of paramount importance to do a bit of research on what is recommended.
Even look for parents who have bought the product and get to hear from them first hand on what it is like to use that particular bike. This way you will be able to make a well-informed decision on behalf of your child.
3 Top Kids Bicycle - A Quick Comparison
Best Kids Bicycle Reviewed
Strider – 12 Classic Balance Bike
This bike is simple and it is easy to learn how to ride on it and to balance. It is of high quality. It has soft tires that are flat free as they are from EVA tires. It has 2 size seats, XL and middle saddle seat. The seats can be adjusted. The handlebars can also be adjusted to the comfort of the baby. It has a footrest.
They have given it a 2-year warranty.
- Comfort is assured with the integrated footrest.
- The design is very suitable for a child because the footrest and the handlebars are adjustable.
- You can choose which seat will fit your child because there are several that are available.
- The tires, once assembled, that is it.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Hard tires get slippery on wet ground.
It happens to be one of the most popular with 2-year-olds. It is Very ideal.
Strider – 12 Sport Balance Bike
Has a wide color range. The tires are EVA. The seats are made for all kids and for smaller ones respectively. The different seat sizes give the child more time to use before they outgrow it. It is very easy to assemble.
- Adjustable seat with different seat choices
- No maintenance required for tires.
- Help the child to learn and improve coordination.
- A simple bike for one who is learning how to ride.
- Will need a head set.
It is worth all your attention.
Strider – 12 Sport Balance Bike
This is ideal for a child who has already learned how to cycle and needs an upgrade. The frame is made from aluminum and is therefore lightweight, rust free, and it easy to ride for a 2-year-old. It even has a number plate. It is the best first bike for 2-year-old as it is lightweight as well as easy to ride.
- Lightweight hence easy to ride.
- Handlebars and seat are adjustable
- No rusting.
- The price is too high.
It is easy to ride and this makes it ideal for the little ones.
Dynacraft Magna Dirt Bike
It is a boy’s bike that is designed for all-terrain in all conditions. It is the best bicycle for 3 years and a 4-year-old boy that will last a long time. The inflated tires give it a mountain bike look but the frame’s center of gravity gives it a road bike kind of look. The frame leaves your child with no pains at all. The manufacturer has given this bike a lifetime warranty.
It is a 3 year old bike with training wheels. its wheels are adjustable can be adjusted to your preference.
- For moving forward pedal action and stopping movement, it has been fixed with coaster brakes.
- It has a bubble machine which when the kid rides, bubble are left behind.
- This is the best bicycle with training wheels for toddlers.
- Kitty bag for the kid to use
- Skidding is sometimes caused by the coaster brakes.
Its design focused more on aesthetics than overall performance.
Gravel Blaster Bike
It is very ideal for the boy and the appearance is beautiful. The saddle is padded and the centre of gravity is higher.
The price is amazing, slight $50+, quite affordable. And its frame and fork have been given a lifetime warranty.
- It comes in green and black and is 12”
- Comfortable padded saddle with adjustable seat.
- Inexpensive and has a lifetime warranty
- Graphics on handle bar make it more appealing to the eye.
- Not durable.
For one who is looking for a bike with all the features and is inexpensive, this should be their pick.
JOYSTAR Angel Girls Bike
It has a high-quality frame and because it is heavy, it is easy to stop. It has durable, high-quality training wheels. High quality patterned tires. The price tag is definitely high.
- The frame is Durable.
- The Training wheels have been made to be durable and they have a transition ability.
- The handlebars and seat are adjustable.
- Patterned rubber tires make it hard to go flat.
- Price is too high
If you can afford it, it is very ideal.
RoyalBaby Boys Girls Kids Bike
Its black and white and huge size makes it appealing to the eye. The details and features set this bike aside.
It has a ‘y’ steel shape which makes it strong. The tires are of mountain bike which is good for any terrain. It is a sporty bike. The training wheels are sturdy and long-lasting because they are of high quality and are made of rubber so they are less noisy.
It has a rear coaster brake and front child-friendly brakes. Any brakes used in isolation can still work well.
In addition, it has a bell, bottle holder and a water bottle but the kickstand is bought separately. Assembly tools are also included in the package.
The 12” is ideal for the slender child while the 14” for the heavy child. So you can choose the size which is ideal for your child according to her weight and size.
- It comes in 6 colors. It is unisex and has sizes 12”, 14” and 16”. It would be the best 16 inch bike with training wheels. It is the ideal gift for your kid.
- A child’s safety is assured as it provides coaster brakes and hand brakes.
- The tires that have been used are high traction tires. They give the bike a good grip on the road.
- It is built with a strong frame making it durable.
- It was designed for different sizes of children in mind. So it is available in different sizes.
- The parts are easy to assemble.
- There are different models available in the market and some models are expensive.
Best Christmas present that will give you value for your money and your kid a good time for long.
RoyalBaby Girls Kids Bike
This design is just for girls. It comes in 2 different colors. The structure is bent down, it is light in weight and this makes it easy to ride. Reflectors are fixed on the front and rear.
The basket that is provided by the manufacturer can be fixed at the front of the bike, where the reflector is. You will, therefore, have to choose between the front reflector and the basket.
The design has both the coaster and caliper brakes to ensure that the bike stops safely.
Training wheels are plastic which isn’t good for outside riding. They are neither safe nor durable if they are used outdoors. The smooth wheels glide as you ride. This is because the wheels are smooth and they give you a seamless ride.
A guard has been provided for the chain. This will ensure that no dirt gets to the child as they ride.
- The seat post is adjustable with a quick and easy release.
- A well-designed chain guard has been fixed. This has ensured that the chain is fully protected from damage.
- Strong tires for an easy and seamless ride.
- The brakes, coaster brake for the front wheels and caliper brakes for the rear. This ensures that they stop smoothly when brakes are applied ensuring safety for your child.
- It comes in sizes 12” 14” and 16” and two colors, blue and pink.
- The training wheels that have been used are of very low quality and are not durable.
It is a perfect gift for your little one with added safety because of the available 2 types of brakes. All these features make it the best toddler bike.
Dynacraft Starburst Girl’s Bike
Coaster brakes are provided to the rear wheels. Has handle pads and the comfort of the riders is assured. No proper chain guard has been provided. Ideal for beginners so it has 1 gear. The metal frame makes it heavy. Matching pink saddle and grips make it stylish.
- It is available in 16” and has 3 colors, white, purple and pink.
- Safe rides and smooth stops assured by coaster brakes.
- The handlebar pads are comfortable. Low priced.
- Seat post provides a low centre of gravity.
- The chain has no guard.
It is a comfortable bike for kids and ideal for beginners. From the above 16 inch bike reviews you understood that it is the best bike for you kids.
Titan Girl’s Flower Princess BMX Bike
This is just girlish and very beautiful. The handlebar has a ribbon attached to it, a basket, streamers, and flowers. Training wheels are also attached. It’s comfortable especially with the fork and the stem combination on the frame.
The seat size is adjustable and a small rear seat is provided to carry her favorite teddy bear out for a ride.
- It has an adjustable seat.
- Some training wheels are attached.
- The included bag can be space for your lunch box.
- Height settings have to be carefully monitored.
If the little one prefers a specific look then this is the best bicycle for toddler girl.
Things To Consider When Buying The Best Kids Bicycle
Every parent will always ask if their child is ready to ride a balance bike, and we will always answer to the affirmative. A balance bike exposes the child to the complex adult bike.
- Moc Of Frame:
The most ideal bike frame is aluminum because it is light, rust free and cheaper.
A decade ago, the steel frame lost its market to the aluminum frame bikes. One thing about the steel bikes is that they are heavy and ideal for windy conditions because they will still give the rider some stability.
Composite bikes are expensive and don’t come as a first choice for most parents. They have the qualities of the aluminum bikes but the quality is definitely much higher.
Steering limiter avoids the bikes steering from going 360 degrees. This is paramount for the safety of your child. Some bikes will be fixed with the steering limiter.
- Bike Brakes:
It includes caliper, coaster, cruiser and disk brakes. The manufacturers use any of this.
- Coaster Brakes – The main feature is that they stop the bike when it is peddled backward. The bike also keeps moving when the rider isn’t peddling. This makes them user-friendly.
- Caliper Brakes – This is attached to the bike rim. With the help of 2 nuts, they are connected to the frame on either the front or rear tires, but the most common position is they are attached to the rear tires.
- Cruiser Brakes – This particular design was released into the market a decade or 2 ago. These are modern brakes. They are used on a single gear system and require little maintenance. They are efficient to use and ride.
- Disc Brakes – Their application is similar to caliper brakes. They are attached to the rim. They are also the safest and most effective when it comes to stopping a bike. This makes them the most ideal.
- Foot Rest:
All bikes offer this foot rest but it all depends on the comfort and preference of the child.
This depends on an individual’s preference. There are many kinds of tires available in the market. Tubeless tires are the most preferred due to their ability to not go flat. They are also comfortable. They are not easy to install be it on a vehicle or on a bike.
Rubber tires are the most popular bike tires. They have a better grip on the road this is because of the design they come with. They have good traction and the ability to take corners without losing balance. The only problem is they go flat and that requires some repair. This means maintenance will be done often.
EVA tires are made from the form. They are low maintenance and lightweight. They are puncture resistant and will carry 60 – 80lbs. when used on wet ground, they become slippery.
They carry your weight and gain motion as per the pedal movement. No bike is complete without them. The components of wheels are hubs, bearings, spokes, and nipples.
Are supported by bearings and axle. This is where the wheels rotate.
Give even weight distribution. They allow aerodynamic wheel advantage with a flat, bladed or aero profile. Nipples provide tension to the spokes which help not to wear out quickly.
- Seat Height
Just be sure that the seat height is adjustable so that it can be adjusted as the child grows.
- Your Budget
The price range is diverse and you will not lack one that will suit your pocket. You can always get something within your budget.
Specifications To Look Out For In The Good Quality Kids Bicycle:
When buying the right bicycle for your 2-year-old child, safety is paramount and of cause comfort. But you also need to take care of your pocket.
The Frame Geometry: Two paramount features are the distance from the back to the front wheel and the centre of gravity. Stability of a learned is aided by the distance from the back to the front. This is because the weight is evenly distributed. This reduces jerks. Low gravity reduces the strain of the rider. The lower the seat, the more is the comfort of the child.
Fork: This will be found inexpensive kids balance bikes. Forks offer more comfort to the child. If you as a parent can afford it, well go ahead and make your Child’s riding experience more comfortable.
Brakes: All brakes perform the same function the only difference is how the actual performance actually happens. Go for brakes that best suit your child.
Best Kids Bicycle In My Opinion
All the bikes we have looked at are the best there are in the market. But one thing is for sure; kids balance bikes are high in quality.
The mini viper kids balance bike from Diamondback is my best choice. Its features include an adjustable seat, quality training wheel, no puncture wheels, and a comfortable padded saddle all on a strong firm frame.
With all these features, our vote goes to Diamondback bicycle.
Mountain Bike Or Road Bike: The handlebars are horizontal; the tires are grippy and have a wide tread. They have suspensions and the tires are wide.
Road bikes are stiff and heavy. This is what determines the power that is transferred to the pedals. These bikes opt for speed instead of comfort. The position of the handlebars puts the rider in an aerodynamic position.
Hybrid Bike: There are none made for children.
Riding maintains a child’s fitness. This gives the child enough physical exercise. When a child is bought a bike, it is a way that makes them start being responsible which is good. As they get excited from the thrill of learning and knowing how to ride, they also learn how to control their emotions. As they take sharp corners, abruptly brake and skid, it is so thrilling. They take charge of their adrenaline. The determination to know how to ride and independently ride without support teaches a child how to stand alone. A bike keeps your child emotionally, physically, socially and psychologically healthy. So go ahead and invest in a good bike for your child, it is a cool idea. If your child is below 2 years age then you can buy a trailer for your bike so that you can take your child with you.
Well, I hope we have been of some help with the above kid’s bike for 2-year-old reviews. Wish you all the best as you go shopping for the bike for the little one. If you are also a bike lover then we have a good deal for you. There are a variety of bikes you can shop like Foldable bikes, Hybrid bicycles, Road bikes, Cruiser bicycle, Fixed gear bikes.