According to statistics, 50% of children start getting obese at an early age. This is often associated to diet. Some parents will feed their children on quick snacks which are full of fats and oils and carbohydrates and so on. Most of these children are then fixed in front of TV screen and they end up becoming TV addicts. They never get to know anything better than the screen. To add insult to injury, they are then supplied with various electronic gadgets like computer games that keeps them busy all day.
Unfortunately, most parents are too afraid to let their children out of the house because they believe they will be involved with the wrong company or get hurt. They are just obsessed with the idea of something wrong will happen. They end up denying their children the physical exercise they need. Doctors recommend that a child needs at least an hour of physical activity every day to help them grow.
Well, here is an idea. Buying a bike for a child is one of the easy ways to get children out of the house and also get the right physical exercise as recommended. A bike will give your child social growth, psychological growth and emotional growth. And of cause, keep them healthy and fit. Owning a bike is every kid’s dream. Learning to ride and knowing to ride will always bring nostalgic memories in their minds when they grow up.
Top-Rated Hybrid Bikes For 5 Years Old Comparison Chart
Top 7 Bestselling Hybrid Bikes For 5 Years Old Reviews
Tauki Kid Bike BMX Bike for Boys and Girls,Best Gift For Kids
This is designed for boys and girls. It has a beautiful blue color. The frame is made up of high quality steel which gives it stability, strength and durability. It is also heavy which gives it a good balance. The design will fit kids of 34” -42” in height.
The bike, when bought new, is 95% assembled. The seat and the handlebar are fixed at home and can be adjusted to the size of the child. There are some few other small parts that need to be fixed.
The tires are pneumatic, and are similar to mountain bike tires. The coaster brakes make it easier to stop when brakes are applied adding to its safety. The quality of the training wheels is high.
Once the child has learnt and known how to ride well, the training wheels can be removed and a stand, which is bought separately can be fixed to aid standing the bike when it is not in use.
Some free tools and the portable pump are added.
- This is the right choice for kids of 4 – 8 years.
- It has a better road grip because of the pneumatic wheels and strong training wheels.
- A strong steel frame provides stability.
- A pump is provided for in case of a flat tire.
- The seat, centre of gravity is too high making it uncomfortable for the rider.
It is a strong and durable bike. The quality of the materials used to make is worth the price tag on it.
Royalbaby Bmx Freestyle Kids Bikes With Training Wheels
Its black and white and huge size makes it appealing to the eye. The details and features set this bike aside.
It has a ‘y’ steel shape which makes it strong. The tires are of mountain bike which are good for any terrain. It is a sporty bike. The training wheels are sturdy and long lasting because they are of high quality and are made of rubber so they are less noisy.
It has a rear coaster brake and front child friendly brakes. Any brakes used in isolation can still work well.
In addition, it has a bell, bottle holder and a water bottle but the kick stand is bought separately. Assembly tools are also included in the package.
The 12” is ideal for slender child while the 14” for the heavy child. So you can choose the size which is ideal for your child according to her weight and size.
- It comes in 6 colors. It is unisex and has sizes 12”, 14” and 16”. It would make an ideal gift for a child.
- A child’s safety is assured as it provides coaster brakes and hand brakes.
- The tires that have been used are high traction tires. They give the bike a good grip on the road.
- It is built with a strong frame making it durable.
- It was designed for different sizes of children in mind. So it is available in different sizes.
- The parts are easy to assemble.
- There are different models available in the market and some models are expensive.
Best Christmas present that will give you value for your money and your kid a good time for long.
Royalbaby Stargirl Girl’s Bike With Training Wheels And Basket
This design is just for girls. It comes in 2 different colors. The structure is bent down, it is light in weight and this makes it easy to ride. Reflectors are fixed on the front and rear.
The basket that is provided by the manufacturer can be fixed at the front of the bike, where the reflector is. You will therefore have to choose between the front reflector and the basket.
The design has both the coaster and caliper brakes to ensure that the bike stops safely.
Training wheels are plastic which isn’t good for outside riding. They are neither safe nor durable if they are used outdoors. The smooth wheels glide as you ride. This is because the wheels are smooth and they give you a seamless ride.
A guard has been provided for the chain. This will ensure that no dirt gets to child as they ride.
- The seat post is adjustable with a quick and easy release.
- A well designed chain guard has been fixed. This has ensured that the chain is fully protected from damage.
- Strong tires for easy and seamless ride.
- The brakes, coaster brake for the front wheels and caliper brakes for the rear. This ensures that they stop smoothly when brakes are applied ensuring safety for your child.
- It come is sizes 12” 14” and 16” and two colors, blue and pink.
- The training wheels that have been used are of very low quality and are not durable.
It is a perfect gift for your little one with added safety because of the available 2 types of brakes.
Dynacraft Magna Starburst Girl’s Bike
Coaster brakes are provided to the rear wheels. Has handle pads and the comfort of the riders is assured. No proper chain guard has been provided. Ideal for beginners so it has 1 gear. The metal frame makes it heavy. Matching pink saddle and grips make it stylish.
- It is available in 16” and has 3 colors, white, purple and pink.
- Safe rides and smooth stops assured by coaster brakes.
- The handle bar pads are comfortable. Low priced.
- Seat post provides low centre of gravity.
- Chain has no guard.
It is a comfortable bike for kids and ideal for beginners.
Titan Girl’s Flower Princess Bmx Bike
This is just girlish and very beautiful. The handlebar has a ribbon attached to it, a basket, streamers and flowers. Training wheels are also attached. It’s comfortable especially with the fork and the stem combination on the frame.
The seat size is adjustable and a small rear seat is provided to carry her favorite teddy bear out for a ride.
- It has an adjustable seat.
- Some training wheels are attached.
- The included bag can be space for your lunch box.
- Height settings have to be carefully monitored.
If the little one prefers a specific look then this is the ideal bike for her.
Diamondback Bicycles 2014 Mini Viper Kid’s Bmx Bike
It is one size bike. The frame is made of heavy duty steel. A fork has been integrated with it for added support. The seat is padded and has a low centre of gravity giving it better stability. It is fitted with coasters brakes and the tires are strong and sturdy and require little maintenance.
- It has 16” wheels, comes in one size and one color, blue.
- Good training wheels and sturdy, strong tires.
- Low gravity seat and a strong frame.
- The pedals have designed like the adult pedals
- Assembling takes time.
It is durable, the price is reasonable and the features are workable.
Dynacraft Magna Major Damage Boy’s Bike
This bike is ideal for both boys and girls. The design of the gear train protects the chains from damage, wear and tear. The seat is adjustable and so are the training wheels.
The frame and fork give it a lifetime warranty because of its high quality frame. The coaster brakes add to the value and glossy finish that is appealing to the eye.
- It is 16” and has 2 colors, yellow and black.
- It has a padded handlebar.
- Training wheels are adjustable.
- The gear train is strong and it has a High –speed tires.
- Plastic training wheels
It has a good price. And it is quite disposable.
Benefits Of Cycling
- Cycling is one of the best forms of exercise that there is. It is a none impact sport unlike football or rugby.
- Bones and muscles are strengthened. When cycling, the whole body is in motion and this makes the bones grow and the stretching and contraction of the muscles sets every muscle to movement. This ensures smooth blood flow to every part of the body.
- Fights obesity. Cycling tones your body. Calories in every part of the body are burnt due to the vigorous physical movement. This ensures all the extra fats are burnt out.
- Keeping the kids away from TV protects the eyes while getting in touch with nature makes them creative.
Things To Consider When Buying A Balance Bike For 5 year Old
Cycling in the right size of bike makes it fun and enjoyable. It is not strenuous and when a child gets a bike that fits well, they are bound to want to ride all the time.
- Gain Ration
This is the responsiveness of the rider’s effort to the moving motion of the bike. When a child pedals fast, and the bike responds to it, this gives the kid satisfaction and thrill of riding.
- Centre Of Gravity
A low bike that ensures that the child is lower to the ground is the best for the child as it gives balance and stability.
- Seat Height
Just be sure that the seat height is adjustable so that it can be adjusted as the child grows.
- Your Budget
The price range is diverse and you will not lack one that will suit your pocket. You can always get something within your budget.
At the end in this article, you will find the things that you should know when buying a bike for your child. This is basically a guide on important aspects of a bike that you should know or have an idea of before you go shopping. We have been able to compile the best bikes that would be suitable for children of 2 years old up to 5 years old.
You will realize that most of the bikes available only for 3-4 year old kids before the child out grows them. Therefore, it would be wise to get a product that has adjustable parts, especially the seat and handlebar, for the child to use for longer, and of cause some value for your money. You will also be able to see and make decisions on the right kind of material that is suitable for your little one.
As you shop, remember to include some safety gear when buying the bike. This will include a helmet, and a few other parts that are optional like knee pads. This will help protect your child in case of an accident. They are bound to fall once or twice as they get their grip on their balance as they ride along.When assembling the bike parts together, do it with your child. It will give them a nice feeling. Read the instructions well to avoid damage of various small parts.