Looking for a Bike For 2 Years Old kids? A bike is one of the toys that every child will ask to be bought for at one point in life. It is the responsibility of the parent to think of the safety of the child even if they will buy that bike. It is therefore of paramount importance to do a bit of research on what is recommended. Even look for parents who have bought the product and get to hear from them first hand on what it is like to use that particular bike. This way you will be able to make a well informed decision on behalf of your child.
Top-Rated Bikes For 2 Years Old Comparison Chart
Top 7 Best Balance Bike For 2 Year Old Reviews
Strider – 12 Sports Balance Bike, Ages 18 Months To 5 Years
This bike is simple and it is easy to learn how to ride on it and to balance. It is of high quality. It has soft tires that are flat free as they are from EVA tires. It has 2 size seats, XL and middle saddle seat. The seats can be adjusted. The handlebars can also be adjusted to the comfort of the baby. It has a foot rest.
They have given it a 2 year warranty.
- Comfort is assured with the integrated foot rest.
- The design is very suitable for a child because the foot rest and the handlebars are adjustable.
- You can choose which seat will fit your child because there are several that are available.
- The tires, once assembled, that is it.
- It comes with a 2 year warranty.
- Hard tires get slippery on wet ground.
It happens to be one of the most popular with 2 year olds. It is Very ideal.
Diggin Active Skuut Wooden Balance Bike
It is Ideal for kids of 2 – 5 years. The handlebar is not good. The tires are very good. It can be adjusted and used by a child younger than 2 years, or adjusted and used by a child of up to 5 years.
- It has won many awards.
- Head tube angle and seat height are adjustable.
- When baby falls, there are no cuts or bruises.
- Light weight
- Poor handlebars design.
It is lovable for the little one except for the handlebars.
Kazam Classic Balance Bike
The design is fantastic for any kid. The footrest is ideal for the child. The tires give it an adult feel like coz they are huge. It has an appealing look. The seat and handlebars are adjustable. A classic look is on the saddle area. Extended support on the back side area.
- The seat design gives ample support to the rider.
- The child can put their feet to rest on the foot rest.
- The huge tires help in stability and to avoid slipping.
- Handlebars and seat are adjustable.
- Well extended weight capacity.
- Tires get flat.
The price is good and the quality is good. For a good deal, go for it.
Ezee Glider Kids Balance Bike Cro-Moly With Patented Slow Speed Geometry
It is a bike that will stand out of the rest. It is a design that is comfortable with the child especially. It has a nice design for footrest; the seat is lowered and adjustable while the handlebar is lifted up a bit.
It has different colors but black is beautiful. The foot pegs are effective and very unique. The brake is as small as the baby’s hand. The price is definitely affordable.
- Brilliant foot peg design.
- It has a lower centre gravity.
- Hand Brake has been designed to meet the size of the baby.
- Easy hand adjustment seat.
- Pocket friendly low price.
- The handlebar may be too high for some kids.
It is a good deal for the taller kids and will certainly be a favorite.
The centre of gravity is lower. The handle bar is easy to use even for shorter kids. It has patented its slow speed. The seat is adjustable. It has foot pegs and small brakes.
- The slow speed is patented.
- Steering limiter is provided.
- It is a light weight. This makes it easy for the child to use.
- It has a good price and a good balance.
- The design is similar to the Ezee Glider Kids with a higher price tag.
This is the kind of bike that will help the child learn how to balance.
Strider – 12 Classic Balance Bike, Ages 18 Months To 3 Years
Has a wide color range. The tires are EVA. The seats are made for tall kids and for smaller ones respectively. The different seats sizes give the child more time to use before they out grow it. It is very easy to assemble.
- Adjustable seat with different seat choices
- No maintenance required for tires.
- Help child to learn and improve coordination.
- A simple bike for one who is learning how to ride.
- Will need a head set.
It is worth all your attention.
Strider – 12 Pro Balance Bike, Ages 18 Months To 5 Years
This is ideal for a child who has already learnt how to cycle and needs an upgrade. The frame is made from aluminum and is therefore light weight, rust free, and it easy to ride for a 2 year old. It even has a number plate.
- Light weight hence easy to ride.
- Handle bars and seat are adjustable
- No rusting.
- The price is too high.
It is easy to ride and this makes it ideal for the little ones.
Things To Consider When Buying A Balance Bike
Every parent will always ask if their child is ready to ride a balance bike, and we will always answer to the affirmative. A balance bike exposes the child to the complex adult bike.
- Moc Of Frame:
The most ideal bike frame is aluminum because it is light, rust free and cheaper.
A decade ago, the steel frame lost its market to the aluminum frame bikes. One thing about the steel bikes is that they are heavy and ideal for windy conditions because they will still give the rider some stability.
Composite bikes are expensive and don’t come as a first choice for most parents. They have the qualities of the aluminum bikes but the quality is definitely much higher.
Steering limiter avoids the bikes steering from going 360 degrees. This is paramount for the safety of your child. Some bikes will be fixed with the steering limiter.
- Bike Brakes:
It includes caliper, coaster, cruiser and disk brakes. The manufacturers use any of this.
- Coaster Brakes – The main feature is that they stop the bike when it is peddled backwards. The bike also keeps moving when the rider isn’t peddling. This makes them user friendly.
- Caliper Brakes – This are attached to the bike rim. With the help of 2 nuts, they are connected to the frame on either the front or rear tires, but the most common position is they are attached to the rear tires.
- Cruiser Brakes – This particular design was released into the market a decade or 2 ago. These are modern brakes. They are used on single gear system and require little maintenance. They are efficient to use and ride.
- Disc Brakes – Their application is similar to caliper brakes. They are attached to the rim. They are also the safest and most effective when it comes to stopping a bike. This makes them the most ideal.
- Foot Rest:
All bikes offer this foot rest but it all depends on the comfort and preference of the child.
This depends on an individual’s preference. There are many kinds of tires available in the market. Tubeless tires are the most preferred due to their ability to not go flat. They are also comfortable. They are not easy to install be it on a vehicle or on a bike.
Rubber tires are the most popular bike tires. They have a better grip on the road this is because of the design they come with. They have good traction and the ability to take corners without losing balance. The only problem is they go flat and that requires some repair. This means maintenance will be done often.
EVA tires are made from form. They are low maintenance and light weight. They are puncture resistant and will carry 60 – 80lbs. when used on wet ground, they become slippery.
They carry your weight and gain motion as per the pedal movement. No bike is complete without them. The components of wheels are hubs, bearings, spokes and nipples.
Are supported by bearings and axle. This is where the wheels rotate.
Give even weight distribution. They allow aerodynamic wheel advantage with a flat, bladed or aero profile. Nipples provide tension to the spokes which helps not to wear out quickly.
Specifications To Look Out For In A Kid’s Bike:
When buying a child a bike, safety is paramount and of cause comfort. But you also need to take care of your pocket.
The Frame Geometry: Two paramount features are the distance from the back to the front wheel and the centre of gravity. Stability of a learned is aided by the distance from the back to the front. This is because the weight is evenly distributed. This reduces jerks. Low gravity reduces the riders strain. The lower the seat, the more is the comfort of the child.
Fork: This will be found inexpensive kids balance bikes. Forks offer more comfort to the child. If you as parent can afford it, well go ahead and make your Child’s riding experience more comfortable.
Brakes: All brakes perform the same function the only difference is how the actual performance actually happens. Go for brakes that best suit your child.
Best In My Opinion
All the bikes we have looked at are the best there are in the market. But one thing is for sure; kids balance bikes are high in quality.
The mini viper kids balance bike from diamondback is my best choice. Its features include an adjustable seat, quality training wheel, non puncture wheels and a comfortable padded saddle all on a strong firm frame.
With all this features, our vote goes to diamondback bicycle.
Mountain Bike Or Road Bike: The handle bars are horizontal; the tires are grippy and have a wide tread. They have suspensions and the tires are wide.
Road bikes are stiff and heavy. This is what determines the power that is transferred to the pedals. These bikes opt for speed instead of comfort. The position of the handle bars puts the rider in an aerodynamic position.
Hybrid Bike: There are none made for children.
Riding maintains a child’s fitness. This gives the child enough physical exercise. When a child is bought a bike, it is a way that makes them start being responsible which is good. As they get excited from the thrill of learning and knowing how to ride, they also learn how to control their emotions. As they take sharp corners, abruptly brake and skid, it is so thrilling. They take charge of their adrenaline. The determination to know how to ride and independently ride without support teaches a child how to stand alone. A bike keeps your child emotionally, physically, socially and psychologically healthy. So go ahead and invest in a bike for your child, it is a cool idea. If your child is below 2 years age then you can buy trailer for your bike so that you can take your child with you.
Well, I hope we have been of some help. Wish you all the best as you go shopping for the bike for the little one. If you are also a bike lover then we have a good deal for you. There are variety of bikes you can shop like Foldable bikes, Hybrid bicycles, Road bikes, Cruiser bicycle, Fixed gear bikes.
Related Articles :